Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.studiobnb.com.my.
Our Services are intended for general audiences over the age of 16 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 years old.
1. Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide To Us:
You may provide personal information to us if you choose to:
- submit a help request, a customer services inquiry or other inquiry to us, or fill in any other forms for the purposes of receiving our Services;
- participate in some of the features accessible via the Services (for example, surveys, polls, promotions, contests, or other incentives);
- participate in any Services that require registration;
- enroll in any of our Webinars and/or Courses;
- contact us about employment opportunities;
- otherwise, use the Services in a manner that you have requested.
Depending on which of these or any other Services you use, the personal information you provide may include:
- personal details (e.g. name, date of birth, professional title, company name, and household income, investment interests, retirement information, information about your educational background );
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address, or mobile number);
- account details (e.g. user name and password);
- transaction details (e.g. when you make a purchase or respond to offers);
- communications (e.g. when you participate or post material in message boards or forums, participate in polls or surveys, write a review or provide a testimonial, or contact us with a question, comment, or request); or
- professional information (e.g. if you are a Financial Advisor participating in our Advisor Insights program, information about your credentials, including, without limitation, broker CRD number, professional website URL, biographical information, licenses and designations, and profile picture).
Please be aware, that by posting information to message boards, chat groups or social networking facilities available via the Services, you will be making this information available to other users of these Services to the public. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself.
If you purchase Courses through the Cobnb Sdn Bhd, please note that we do not currently collect or retain credit card numbers internally. We partner with third party payment providers. All direct payment gateways are required to adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, Paypal.
We also have features that allow you to send an email to yourself and/or others about an item on our site. If you choose to use our email referral service, you will be required to provide the e-mail address or addresses that will be used in the notification. Upon form submission, an email will be generated to your recipient(s) inviting them to visit the URL you have recommended. We do not store this information other than for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements are intended to promote the secure handling of the credit card information.
Information Collected Via Automated Technologies and Interactions:
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information via automatic means about your computer or device, your preference settings, your location, and your activities, including:
- IP address of your computer;
- Unique mobile device identifiers;
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, screen resolution, web browser information, and operating system or platform;
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.);
- Internet provider or mobile carrier name;
- The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting the Website;
- Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, misformatted DNS entries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, search history, comments, forms filled out and submitted, how often you use the Services);
- Information we generate as a result of your use of the Services (e.g. our understanding of your interests as a result of your use of the Services and whether you are a regular or occasional user of the Services); and
- If you are using a mobile device, your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled the collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically). Please see the section “Mobile Device Location Information” below for further information.
Third-parties who provide us with products and services may also place cookies, ad tags and/or beacons that collect the information outlined above in order to provide us with products and services including:
- Analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) allowing us to analyze the performance of our Services.
- Service features and functionalities such as those that enable videos to be played and you to connect to your social media accounts.
- Advertisers and ad networks allowing the delivery of targeted advertisements.
These third parties may also collect information about you from other sources and combine it with other information collected about you from third party websites not affiliated with us. For example, advertiser and advertising networks, as well as data analytics companies who service them, may participate in online behavioral advertising and track your activity across various sites and/or devices where they display ads and record your activities, so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
These third parties may also provide us with information about your interactions with their products and services and/or activities on third party websites. For example, use of Service functions that connect to your social media account (e.g., Facebook Connect) may permit us access to your social network profile information, including your first name, last name, gender, birth date, and email address, in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you choose to post information to your social media account via the Services, you will be making this information available to other users of these Services. We encourage you to be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself via our Services or otherwise.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information And The Basis On Which We Use It
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identification information to verify your identity and/or eligibility for our Services when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal information. This is so we can comply with our obligations to you.
- Improving our Services: We analyze information about how you use our Services to provide an improved experience for our customers, including product testing, site analytics, and personalizing content to your interests. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our Services and improve them.
- Understanding our users: We also analyze information about our users in order to understand our users (their demographics, what you do on our Services, what features you like, how they use them etc.). It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand our users and improve our Services.
- Operating the Services: We process your personal information to administer our Services, diagnose technical problems, provide customer support, complete your transactions, and otherwise manage our business. This is so that we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, for example if we are sending you communications that you have requested, communications which relate to Services you have purchased or enrolled in, which may be of interest to you in accordance with your preferences, if we are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions, if you contact us with questions, or to provide you with customer support. It is in the legitimate interests that we are able to provide you with the appropriate information, responses and provide you with notices about our Services. Please see the section “Reviewing, changing or deleting information” for further information about how you can control these communications.
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with more relevant and interesting advertising messages and inform our marketing strategy. We may use automated decision-making to deliver tailored advertisements based on your personal information. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your personal information in order to, for example, carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law.
- Customizing your experience: When you use the Services, we may use your personal information to improve your experience of the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests. We may use automated decision-making to customize your experience based on your personal information.
- Compensating our partners: We may process your personal information for purposes of calculating the compensation to be paid to our third-party product/service providers and distributors and to analyze usage across products, services and distribution partner/channel. It is in our legitimate interest to appropriately determine amounts to be paid to our partners and inform our product roadmap and distribution strategy.
- Delivering prizes: May use your personal information to deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes, deliver perks earned in connection with certain incentive programs, or otherwise facilitate the use of our Services.
- In Connection with Webinars and Courses: In addition to the uses described above, if you are enrolled in and/or take any of our Webinars and/or Courses, we may use the registration information you provide, including personally identifiable information, to use through your Account for managing and processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion of Course and/or Webinar. As part of our management and processing of each Course and/or Webinar, we may use this information to proctor exams, projects, and other assessments for each Course and/or Webinar. For example, as part of a Webinar that provides CE credits, we will use certain information collected from you in order to verify your identity or to monitor your performance during the exam to confirm that you are abiding by the rules or requirements for obtaining CE credits. We may share such information that we collect from you when you participate in a Course with the company (if any) and/or lecturer(s) who provided, taught, managed, sponsored, or otherwise oversaw that Webinar or Course, and, where applicable, you will be subject to such third party’s privacy policies; and (ii) that third party may use the personally identifiable information you provide for its own marketing purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also aggregate and de-identify your information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this information for any other purpose.
3. How We Share The Information We Collect
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We will share your information in the following ways:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors, and business partners: (“service providers”): We may share your data with our services providers and business partners who perform marketing services and other business operations for us for the purposes set forth above. For example, we may partner with companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, serve online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and marketing messages, support email and messaging services, and analyze information. These service providers are required to treat the data in accordance with confidentiality requirements.
- Service requests: We enable you to request information and/or services from third-party service providers or partners by filling out a registration, information request, or similar service request form for specific services from them (e.g., filling in a sponsored partner’s form to identify your retirement risk profile and/or submitting a request with such information for more information from that partner or another party). When you fill out and submit a service request form through our Website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the third-party provider and/or partner. Sharing this information with the party provider and/or partner allows them to contact you using the contact information you provided. Additionally, we have other contractual partners that that utilize their own service provider to supplement our offering, and we share your information with them in order to attempt to provide the services requested.
- Webinars/Courses: We may share certain information with third parties that enable us to provide you the Webinars and/or Courses. For example, but not as a limitation, our Webinar and Course platforms may be hosted by third parties who will use your information to allow you to access the Webinar and/or Course. We also use third-party payment providers who will use your information to process payment, subject to their own privacy policies. Additionally, for any continuing education eligible Webinar, we will share information provided to us as well as information regarding your completion of such Webinar with the organization issuing continuing education certificates, including without limitation, for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for the continuing education credits. We may also use third party customer service platform providers in order to help us provide customer service capabilities in connection with your use of one or more of our Services, including without limitation the Webinars and/or Courses.
- Group Companies: We may share your information with our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company, IAC/InterActiveCorp for marketing purposes, security, optimization of products and services, and internal reporting. We do this for the purposes set out above.
- In the context of a transaction: We may share your personal information with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors and other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiations, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell or transfer or all or a portion of our assets or business. In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
4. Data Retention and Access
5. Your Rights and Your Privacy Choices
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, subject to local law. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict, or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in usable electronic format of your personal information. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or privacy regulator.
Choices Relating to the information we collect: We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent us from providing certain Services or all of the Services to you.
Online behavioral advertising: You may opt-out of third-party advertising-related cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, in which case our advertising should not be targeted to you. You will continue to see advertisements on the Website. However, they will not be tailored to you. You can choose to opt-out through these (and other) websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers)
- Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/)
- Advertising: When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving tailored in-application ads; thus, you should contact the platform provider if the above options are no longer available. Note that you may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices
- Location Information: When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may need to collect and process information about your specific GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded, and we may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. You can stop your location information from being collected by disabling this function within the settings available on your device. In connection with currency conversion functionality found on our site (if applicable), “By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.”
We encourage you to contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise any rights you may have under law, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
6. Automated Decisions About You
When you use the Services, we may make automated decisions about you based on your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To deliver personalized offers, discounts, or recommendations based on your shopping history, viewing history, and browsing the history, and
- To serve you with ads based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, the information you provide such as your age or gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content and other information that you provide to us. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be tailored to your interests.
7. Right to Access, Review, Change or Delete Information
To access, review, change or delete the personal information we have collected from you, please visit our Privacy Center page and send a message to our Support team. To make changes to your account, you may also log in to your account and visit the Manage Profile page.
Your specific rights regarding access, review, revision, or deletion of your information are dictated by local laws.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights outlined above, and the law of your jurisdiction requires us to honor that request, please send your request in writing to the address in the “Contact Us” section below. To assist us in processing your request in a timely manner, please make your request in English if you are able to do so. Your request should include any information relevant to your request, including, without limitation: (i) your name, email, and postal address; (ii) the specific right you are asserting (e.g., removal); and (iii) if you are requesting removal, a brief explanation of why you believe such information should be removed.
To help us prevent fraudulent removal requests, please also include a legible copy of a document that verifies your identity. You need not provide a government-issued document; a utility bill or similar mailing will suffice. You may also obscure parts of the document such as identifying numbers so long as the document continues to clearly identify you. If you are making the request on behalf of another person, please indicate your relationship to that person and provide evidence of your authority to make such request. All requests for removal will be reviewed by Cobnb Sdn Bhd’s legal and compliance team and we reserve the right, in compliance with applicable laws, to accept or reject, or make further inquiries regarding, any requests.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
8. How We Protect Your Information
9. Retention of Your Information
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information we process, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may choose to aggregate and de-identify your information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Right to Access, Review, Change or Delete Your Information.
10. Linked Sites and Advertisements
11. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, or if you want to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties or for any purpose that is materially different from the purpose you shared it with us please send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail).
Cobnb Sdn Bhd
Attn: Your Privacy Rights
B1-3A, Plaza Damas 3,
63 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
All requests sent via regular mail must be labeled “Your Privacy Rights” on the envelope or postcard and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping)
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Copyright © 2020, Cobnb Sdn Bhd. All Rights Reserved
All content on this website, including articles, charts, data, artwork, logos, graphics, photographs, animation, videos, website design and architecture, audio clips and environments (collectively the “Content”), is the property of Cobnb Sdn Bhd or its affiliates, licensors or “partners”, and is protected by national and international copyright laws. Website users are granted only a limited license to access, display, download, print and reproduce reasonable portions of the Content solely for their own use, provided that the Content is not modified and all proprietary notices and source references on the Content are kept intact. Apart from the licensed rights, website users may not reproduce, publish, translate, merge, sell, distribute, modify or create a derivative work of, the Content, or incorporate the Content in any database or another website, in whole or in part.
COBNB is a trademark of Cobnb Sdn Bhd. The other product names and marks referred to on this website are the trademarks of their respective owner